Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Pep Talk


"I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done." - Lucille Ball

     Fear is an interesting thing. It can be viewed as the enemy, and honestly, it is the enemy of everyone who aspires to do great things. Or even small things in a great way. It can also be viewed, however, as that part of our selves that wants to protect us. Keep us from being hurt, whether physically, mentally, emotionally... financially, even. 

     I was raised to live in fear. Hold on for dear life to anything life throws your way and never try for anything greater because you might... *gasp!* FAIL! As if that was the worst thing that could ever happen to a person! 

     I believe the worst thing that can ever happen to a person is to get to the end of their lives and realize they've never lived. To live is to take chances, to reach out. Growth never happens in the comfort zone. We only grow when we step out of that comfort zone and reach for something new. Does it always work? No, of course not. But even the failures teach us, make us grow, and give us strength for the next time we reach out. 

      Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "Do one thing everyday that scares you."  I believe that to be the first step in living a life with no regrets. 

     It doesn't matter whether everything you attempt is a success. It doesn't matter if sometimes you fall flat on your face. What matters is that you keep striving, keep learning, keep growing.



2 comments:

  1. Oh! I so totally agree! This is a great post to reflect on and remember. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Things I have to remind myself of, from time to time :)

      Delete